At Cozumel Dive Academy, we pride ourselves on conducting our IDC's in a professional yet fun way. Over an easy-paced, 14 day program, you will learn how to present academic presentations and conduct confined and open water teaching sessions.
We offer an ideal learning environment with comfortable air-conditioned classrooms and the Mexican Caribbean's warm, clear blue water to train in. We also keep our IDC's small, with a maximum of six candidates per program to maximize personal attention. You will be sure to have a great time with Cozumel Dive Academy.
During your time with Cozumel Dive Academy, we will pass along our passion and commitment to excellence to you as future instructors and use our extensive experience and knowledge of the dive industry to help you on your professional diving path.
Our promise to you is simple. We will provide you with the best, most current training possible. When you complete your PADI IDC with us, we guarantee you will pass your PADI Instructor Exam (IE), or you can come back and participate in another IDC at no additional cost. (PADI fees not included.)
1. PADI Divemaster or:
• an instructor member in good standing (renewed or eligible to renew) with another recognized recreational diver training organization.*
• have a leadership-level certification in good standing (renewed or
eligible to renew) with another recognized recreational diver training
organization;* 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving,
deep diving and underwater navigation.
2. 18 years old
3. Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months and have had no medical condition changes.
4. Certified diver for at least six months.
5. Completed the EFR Primary and Secondary Care course, or other qualifying training, within the last 24 months.
Note: Emergency First Response Instructor (or qualifying rating) is required for Open Water Scuba Instructor certification.
6. If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
7. Documentation of any nonPADI qualifying entry-level, advanced, rescue, and leadership level certifications as required